5 Minute or Less Skip Tip - Always Ask a Previous Employer This Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Minute or Less Skip Tip - Always Ask a Previous Employer This Question

5 Minute or Less Skip Tip - Place of Employment Investigation - Always Ask a Previous Employer This One Question.

Great point Eric. Too often, I am prone to ending the conversation when they say, "Bob doesn't work here anymore as of 2019." The follow up question you suggest doesn't cost us more than a few seconds and the potential benefit is huge, as you rightly note. One question I have for you: to what extent do you think the phrase "off the record" impacts the local office manager's likelihood of helping us on the follow question? Do you use this phrasing in other investigative calls and conversations?

Comment

Originally posted by Proof & Process View Post
      Great point Eric. Too often, I am prone to ending the conversation when they say, "Bob doesn't work here anymore as of 2019." The follow up question you suggest doesn't cost us more than a few seconds and the potential benefit is huge, as you rightly note. One question I have for you: to what extent do you think the phrase "off the record" impacts the local office manager's likelihood of helping us on the follow question? Do you use this phrasing in other investigative calls and conversations?
      I've found it having more success than not saying it. However it also depends on your tone and inflection. I don't know if it would make too much of a difference, but it's just one of those small things I do.

Comment

Working...
      X